Sunday 7 March 2010

Green Tea Frozen Yogurt



Green tea frozen yogurt! Hooray! I would say this isn't the healthiest frozen yogurt ever. It's no Pinkberry unfortunately (ie, super low-calorie). But I really wanted to try out the Greek-style yogurt in a frozen yogurt recipe. Next time I'll make a lower fat version... or not... heh.

I just kind of made this up based on previous ice cream recipes but it turned out pretty delightfully! The texture is more on the ice-milky side rather than the creamy ice creamy-ness side, I think it's due to the lack of the cooked eggs/custard part. But it's bright and yogurty and refreshing and tart. You can play around with the amount of sugar in it too and see what happens.

Isn't that the cutest heart-shaped ice cream spoon? My mom gave my hubby Rich and I matching "Alessi" ice cream bowls for Christmas two years ago and they came with these perfect spoons... (my mom knows me well, eh?) I'll snap pics of the ice cream bowls in the near future no doubt, with future ice cream experiments inside. Er, you can also see my reflection snapping a pic in the spoon... heehee.

Let me know if you make this, and how it goes for you!

{ Matcha Green Tea Frozen Yogurt }


You will need:

1 tablespoon matcha green tea superfine powder
1 cup light cream (10& butterfat milk)
1/2 cup white granulated sugar

2 cups Greek style 10% fat plain yogurt

1 cup of milk

tiny pinch of salt


1. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk the green tea powder into the 1 cup of light cream until well combined.

2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the green tea milk, sugar, plain yogurt, milk and salt until well combined.

3. Chill in freezer, covered with plastic wrap, for 30 minutes until well chilled, or in the fridge for 2 hours.

4. Pour into ice cream machine and make according to machine's instructions.

Enjoy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment